About Rosemary Fotheringham, FNTP
Hello, and welcome to Real Food Carnivore! I’m Rosemary Fotheringham.
Who am I?
- I’ve been a Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (FNTP) since 2015.
- I’m currently studying for a second certification as a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner (FDN-P).
- I have 10+ years of experience in functional nutrition, having both formally and informally studied nutritional therapy, anatomy and physiology, evolutionary biology, ancestral diets, and epigenetics for a decade.
Back in January of 2020, after thorough research into the carnivore diet, I embarked on a 30-day carnivore experiment. I’m well educated in nutrition, have been a nutrition professional for 5 years, taught clients and classes, written books and courses on nutrition, and even spent a couple years working for the school where I studied, but still never found any way of eating that seemed to work for me long-term before I went off the rails.
At various times I’ve done sugar detoxes, paleo, keto, and/or intermittent fasting and had dramatic improvements to my health and quality of life, but I always found myself unable to resist the more palatable―but technically allowed―options: nuts, almond butter, dark chocolate, dried fruit, and dairy. SO. MUCH. DAIRY. And then eventually eating tons of grain-free or gluten free breads, pizzas, cookies, chips, crackers, cakes, and more of the same.
Those foods would stall my progress, and make my symptoms worse.
After observing the changes in my husband a few weeks into his own carnivore experiment, and hearing other carnivore voices talk about resolving their own food addiction, I decided to try it myself, too. I wanted to figure out how to consistently keep up my habits and not fall back into old patterns.
Since I began the carnivore diet in January 2020, I now have:
- ZERO cravings for sugar and carbs
- Clearer skin
- Stable mood and energy
- Restful sleep
- Zero bloating and gas
- Improved winter blues symptoms
- Much better-fitting clothes
In my experience, people who are Abstainers (are you an Abstainer or a Moderator?) seem to do very well on a carnivore diet, because they don’t have to agonize about moderating anymore, which never worked for them anyway.
My personal mission is to help as many people as possible live happy, healthy, and fulfilling lives through health and wellness.
I created Real Food Carnivore to help other people like me who have tried it all already, but feel stuck in the cycle of trial and error, and need help getting unstuck.
If you’re new here, here’s where I recommend you get started:
- Download my free Wellness Quiz to get a snapshot of how healthy you currently are and whether carnivore might be right for you
- Download my free Carnivore Shopping Guide to Costco to take the guesswork out of knowing which items at Costco are carnivore or carnivore-friendly
- Learn more about the carnivore diet by browsing the posts here, or watching my videos on the Real Food Carnivore YouTube channel
- Apply for one-on-one health coaching with me and begin your own health transformation
- Start your own carnivore experiment with the Quick Start Guide to Carnivore
Thinking about trying out carnivore, or are you already doing it but getting stuck? Grab my Quick Start Guide to Carnivore: it has everything you need to know, plus how to troubleshoot and get unstuck so you can enjoy all the benefits carnivore has to offer!
Disclaimer: The ideas, concepts, and opinions expressed on RealFoodCarnivore.com are intended to be for educational purposes only. This content is created with the understanding that the author is not rendering medical advice of any kind, nor is it intended to replace medical advice, nor to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury. It is imperative that before beginning any diet program, including any aspect of the diet methodologies mentioned on Real Food Carnivore, you receive full medical clearance from a licensed physician. The author claims no responsibility to any person or entity for any liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application, or interpretation of the material on this site.