Before I went carnivore, I read that poop becomes much less frequent than it will before.
But I couldn’t find specific details on exactly what this “new poop” will be like so that I could figure out if mine was normal! ?
I’m a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, and we talk about poop ALL THE TIME. I needed NTP-level details of what to expect, and I couldn’t find it! Tell me about da poopz!
So, to spare you a freakout wondering if what you’re experiencing is normal, here’s a one-minute video of me talking about what my carnivore poop is like now. And I’m assured from carnivore veterans that this is normal and exactly what carnivore poops are like.
- Much less frequent (every 3-4 days)
- Dark brown
- Comes out easily with no straining
- Needing to wipe a few times to get everything
- 2-3 shorter stools instead of one bulky long one
- “Diffuses” into the water directly around the stool
So far, my takeaways are that I’m going to need my beloved Squatty Potty less than I thought, and I might want to consider getting an attachable bidet for my toilet!